This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Issue sending alerts to Microsoft Teams webhook

Good afternoon,

I've been trying to get storage alerts to push to a channel in Microsoft Teams through a webhook. Everything works great except for the fact that I can't include anything with a ":\" in the path, which is an issue when trying to grab the triggering volume (e.g. C:\Pathname). This thread (Re: Alerting using #Slack ) looked promising, but I can't seem to figure out how to pass along a variable in an alert with ":\" included. Additionally, I walked through the issue with SolarWinds support but they did not have an answer as to how to make it happen.

The "Body to POST" I threw together is very rudimentary. I tried the earlier linked thread's SQL code in the alert trigger message space, but it did not seem to accomplish the feat as-is. I am mostly clueless in regards to SQL, so I'm not sure if I need to update the statement to update variables or something to that effect. Any help anyone may be able to provide would be much appreciated.

{

"text":"Alert name: ${N=Alerting;M=AlertName}

Date and Time: ${N=Generic;M=DateTime;F=DateTime}

Host: ${N=SwisEntity;M=Node.DisplayName}

Volume: ${N=SwisEntity;M=VolumeDescription}

Total size: ${N=SwisEntity;M=VolumeSize}

Link to the volume details page for more information: ${N=SwisEntity;M=Node.DetailsUrl}

"

}