This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Is there a way to shut down a server in my data center with solar winds

As part of our DR process, we want to be able to shut down our server infrastructure (mix of Linux, AIX, AS400 but majority Windows) based on conditions (UPS battery drain) or Heat buildup from an A/C failure.  The idea in the latter is to be able to reduce the number of devices generating heat by shutting them down over time.  Also, it would be good if we can get some level of reporting out of the tool if it can shut the device down.

• The approach I would is recommend to execute Sysinternals psshutdown.exe command as the Trigger Action as the result of a Trigger Condition of the Advanced Alert Manager. 

• I agree with AlterEgo.

Be careful those, if you have triggered actions which shut servers down - you may accidentally shut your entire infrastructure down!  Make sure your criteria for the triggered actions to execute are precise and do your testing!  Keep in mind, too, that if when you shut servers down, you may also get a flurry of component/application/node down alerts...