This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Is there a report for trending disk space

I would like to watch disk space usage on several boxes over a period of time. For example if someone comes to me and tells me they are out of space I want to be able to look at a report and see that last Tuesday there drive with from 20G to 80G. 

• Yes, you should be able to go to any volume and see the historical usage.  Go to the Nodes page and scroll down until you see the volumes, click on that and you can then see the utilization graphs.  From there you can click on the Export button for more options.  If you want to see future trends you can input a custom time frame that goes to some point in the future and add the trend line and you can predict when it might fill up.

Hope this helps!

• With the new Web Based Report Writer, included in SAM 6.0 you can create graphical reports that include charts for volume usage. The simplest way however would be to use the out of the box "All Disk Volumes Inventory Report" pictured below. Each volume shown is hyperlinked to the volume details view where you can see the historical volume usage trend.

Web Based Volume Uage Report.png