This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Intermittent HTTP/500 - RunQuery failed, check fault information.\nException of type 'SolarWinds.Api

Hi People,

My SAM v2019.4.1 is having intermittent issues,

Can anyone please suggest me what are the cause of the Solarwinds Orion SAM not sending out an email alert and then the menu showing the below Error:

"message": "An error has occurred.",
"exceptionMessage": "RunQuery failed, check fault information.\nException of type 'SolarWinds.ApiProxyFactory.TransientApiProxyException' was thrown.",
"exceptionType": "System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[[SolarWinds.InformationService.Contract2.InfoServiceFaultContract, SolarWinds.InformationService.Contract2, Version=2019.4.0.3515, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]]"

Therefore I have to do the below steps regularly every month:

1. Log in to Orion Main Polling Server as a Windows Local Administrator.
2. Click Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features.
3. Right-click SolarWinds Orion Core Services, and select Repair.
4. After the repair, the Configuration Wizard is launched. Complete the Configuration Wizard to ensure the repair process.

Clearly this is not something that must be done to get regular alerting and monitoring.

Any help and suggestion will be greatly appreciated.