cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 14

Import SAM template gets Error 404

This is the first time I've tried importing a template since upgrading to 10.6.1 (SAM 6.0.2), so I'm not sure if it's related to that, or if there's an issue currently on SW's side, or if it's me. I've imported templates before on previous versions with no problem. However, when I try to import any template using the Shared Templates on Thwack tab and the Import button, I get the error below despite the fact that I know I'm typing in the correct login credentials.

The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

14 Replies
Level 14

Hi all,

Would you please try this again. I think we've got it fixed.

Please keep letting the team know if you see any strangeness.

Thanks,

Michael

0 Kudos
Level 7

Thanks Michael Working fine for me...!!!

0 Kudos
Level 14

Excellent. Please keep sending any issues my direction. Where community directly touches product, it can get a bit strange hunting things down. But, this was a great exercise in seeing the community point out something I needed to get fixed pronto

Thanks,

Michael

0 Kudos
Level 9

Same here Michael, working great now.  Thanks for the hard work

0 Kudos
Level 14

Appears to be working now. Thanks all!

0 Kudos
Level 9

Yeah, same here.  Getting the problem with NPM and SAM latest versions

0 Kudos
Level 14

swapnilm and johndunn1970, we are working on it and making progress. I will update this thread the second we have it fixed on prod... probably will require a short maintenance period on thwack, but that will have to be.

0 Kudos
Level 12

Ahh, I'm not crazy. I had this happen to me yesterday too. I've not had a chance to dig into it yet, but you're not alone.  I'll do some trouble shooting and see what comes up, and open a ticket if necessary.

Level 14

Hi all,

We are investigating with the product team, can't locate any change in functionality on thwack side at the moment...

Thanks for your patience,

Michael

CC:

DanielleH and aLTeReGo

0 Kudos
Level 12

I've performed a quick packet capture from our SolarWinds server, and what I'm seeing is this. A post is being performed against http://thwack.api.solarwinds.com/api/downloadfromproduct.ashx, with the post data of Username=<mythwackuser>&Password=<mythwackpassword>&fileid=<templateid> (in my test example, I used 144007 as it was the first in the list).  The web service then returns a 404.  If I make a simple GET request to the same URL, it returns an "unauthorized" message (and a 401 status code), which I'd expect. So the page is there, just doesn't seem to like being given any template IDs.  I hope that helps you guys.

0 Kudos
Level 14

Thanks Jonathan, This is super useful. I will get this in front of some more folks here.

0 Kudos
Product Manager
Product Manager

You are not alone. This appears to be an issue with Thwack. DanielleH is aware of the issue and will update this thread when the issue is resolved. 

404 Error.png

Level 7

Getting same error on importing template"The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found."

Could anyone let me know how to overcome on it.

Thanks...!!!

0 Kudos
Product Manager
Product Manager

The issue is not limited only to SAM. NCM Configuration Change Templates downloaded through the in-product Thwack integration are also affected. I recommend downloading these templates directly from Thwack and manually importing them into SAM/NCM until this issue is resolved.

NCM 404.png

0 Kudos