This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

I can not see the working template for Blackberry

How do I know if my application for the blackberry on top orion if all the unknown template?

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

Can you restate the question?

• Orion APM 2.5 does not have a prepared Blackberry Server template, but I think you can make one to monitor the statistics of a Blackberry Enterprise Server.

I searched Google to find "Blackberry Server WMI counter", and I found some information about Blackberry WMI performance counters that you should be able to monitor with Orion APM. I have not tested this template, but it *should* work.

1. Create a new Orion APM template.
    2. Add 5 component monitors to the template:

WMI Performance Counter Monitor #1:
      WQL Query:  Select MessagesExpired From Win32_PerfRawData_BlackBerryEnterpriseServer_BlackBerryServer

WMI Performance Counter Monitor #2:
      WQL Query:  Select MessagesFiltered From Win32_PerfRawData_BlackBerryEnterpriseServer_BlackBerryServer

WMI Performance Counter Monitor #3:
      WQL Query:  Select MessagesQueuedForDelivery From Win32_PerfRawData_BlackBerryEnterpriseServer_BlackBerryServer

WMI Performance Counter Monitor #4:
      WQL Query:  Select MessagesReceived From Win32_PerfRawData_BlackBerryEnterpriseServer_BlackBerryServer

WMI Performance Counter Monitor #5:
      WQL Query:  Select MessagesSent From Win32_PerfRawData_BlackBerryEnterpriseServer_BlackBerryServer

• When I try these queries against my BES 4.1.6 server I get "Invalid Class" on each one. These do not seem to be correct -  at least for this version of BES.

• I got the same thing at first then followed this document and it started working:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/820847

I believe this document also helps...

http://www.solarwinds.com/support/apm/docs/APMWMITroubleshooting.pdf

Is there any way we can read the data like a counter?  From what I see those values will just be ever increasing.  (There is a messages/minute option that I selected.)

Edit:  I uploaded the monitor I'm using to the Content Exchange area.