cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

How to report polling method for Windows Servers

Jump to solution

Hi, I'd like to obtain a report that lists the polling method (SNMP and ICMP, WMI and ICMP, etc.) defined for every Windows Server node.

We're in the phase on changing the polling method to WMI and that report will be very useful in the migration process.

How could I do ?

Thx, regards.

Roberto.

1 Solution

Ok, here goes:

1. Click on Manage Reports on the Main Settings and Administration page of the website:

manage reports.jpg

2. Click Create New Report:

create report.jpg

3. After getting past the "What's New with Web-based reports?" screen (if you still see that page), click on Custom Table as the Add Content method:

add content.jpg

4. In the Add Content window, use Dynamic Query Builder, select Advanced Selector, then click on the Select Field:

select field.jpg

5. Select Vendor in the list on the left of the window that pops up:

vendor.jpg

6. On the Edit Resource page, fill out the Title field, then click on Add Column:

add column.jpg

7. On the Add Column window, select Caption, IP Address and Polling Method. then click Add Column:

add others.jpg

8. Back on the Edit Resource page you might want to select Polling Method as a Group By option:

group by.jpg

9. Proceed with the remainder of the report configuration screens as per normal.

Hope this is what you need.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies

Reports are fun but for something quick you can go under "Manage Nodes" then group by "Polling Method" and export as CSV. You can use the real time view to continually check while you are changing the polling method on Nodes.

Node.jpg

Export.jpg

Or you can keep grouping by vendor (to filter to windows machines) and enable "Polling method" as column in node table.

pastedImage_0.png

Many thanks, I've just discovered three methods...

Regards, Roberto.

0 Kudos

Thank you, also this (quicker) method is valid. I take it in mind for the future.

Bye, Roberto.

0 Kudos
Level 14

You can do this quite easily using the Manage Reports tool on the Orion website. When defining report variables, choose Polling Method. You can also limit your dynamic query to Vendor = Windows and then add the Caption and IP Address fields to the report. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos

Thank you Borgan, I'm trying but I'm quite new to Report in Orion so everything is quite confusing to me, could you provide some step-by-step instructions, please ?

0 Kudos

Ok, here goes:

1. Click on Manage Reports on the Main Settings and Administration page of the website:

manage reports.jpg

2. Click Create New Report:

create report.jpg

3. After getting past the "What's New with Web-based reports?" screen (if you still see that page), click on Custom Table as the Add Content method:

add content.jpg

4. In the Add Content window, use Dynamic Query Builder, select Advanced Selector, then click on the Select Field:

select field.jpg

5. Select Vendor in the list on the left of the window that pops up:

vendor.jpg

6. On the Edit Resource page, fill out the Title field, then click on Add Column:

add column.jpg

7. On the Add Column window, select Caption, IP Address and Polling Method. then click Add Column:

add others.jpg

8. Back on the Edit Resource page you might want to select Polling Method as a Group By option:

group by.jpg

9. Proceed with the remainder of the report configuration screens as per normal.

Hope this is what you need.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Many thanks, i created the report successfully.

Great guide!

Bye, Roberto.

0 Kudos