This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How to "re-use" email alert actions when creating new alerts

I have created a new alert with a custom formatted email action that has various variables within the email body, formatting, custom subject etc...  I would like to be able to use this same alert action when creating another new alert but when clicking on the "Add Action" button the only option for the Send Email creates an email with the default configurations.  Is there a way to setup different email alert templates or copy the email trigger from one alert to another?

• Brian

One way to accomplish this is by action manager to bulk edit the alert email action after the alerts are created.  You can do this using the following steps:

1. Go to Settings - Alerts & Reports and select Manage Alerts

2. Select the Action Manager tab

3. Then choose group by action type and select Send an Email/Page

4. From here you can select all the email actions that you want to re-use the same custom formatted email action.

Screenshot 2015-08-12 11.58.50.png

• Another example that I have is that I have created an Escalation event to send an email after every XX minutes if the alert is not resolved.  I basically want to use the same email I created in the alert action prior to escalation but I have to start from scratch or have all of the relevant fields in notepad so I can just copy/paste the HTML email 

• Thanks, I just found this while poking around in SAM.  This would work if I want to change multiple alerts at the same time but not if I create a new alert sometime down the road and want to re-use one of these.  If they had an "Assign to Alert" option from the Action Manager to copy an existing trigger action to another alert that would work.  Maybe that would be a feature request.