This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How to alert on a virus found

Hi all,

I have been asked to create an alert on when our AV Sophos finds a virus. I am not really sure how to go about this can anyone get me some ideas as to how I can get this done.

Let me expand on this; Can I have Solarwinds monitor a table in a SQL database and fire an alert if some data gets inserted into the table.

Thanks,

-Pat

• SAM's SQL User Experience Monitor can be used to query the number of records in a table, then combined with the "Count Statistic as Difference" option to achieve what you describe above.

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM table_name;

Count Statistic as Difference.png

• Hi Thanks for the answer, but maybe I am not expressing myself as to what I am trying to do as this is my first attempt at an alert like this.

Also how do I use the SQL user experience monitor<

I have a SQL query that I want to have the output sent in a email when the condition is meet. The query is as follows

SELECT

vTI.ThreatTypeName,

vTI.ThreatSubTypeName,

vTI.ThreatName,

vTE.EventTime,

vTI.FirstDetectedAt,

vTI.FullFilePath,

vC.Name AS ComputerName

FROM [SOPHOS521].[Sophos Reporting Interface].[vThreatEventData] AS vTE

JOIN [SOPHOS521].[Sophos Reporting Interface].[vThreatInstances] AS vTI

ON vTE.ThreatID = vTI.ThreatID

JOIN [SOPHOS521].[dbo].[ComputerHosts] AS vC

ON vTI.ComputerID = vC.ID

WHERE convert(datetime,vTE.EventTime) > DATEADD(MINUTES,-5,GETDATE())

ORDER BY vTE.EventTime

Thanks,

-Pat