cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Highlighted
Level 8

How monitor certificate on windows server

Hi, I've SAM 6.4.0 and I would like to know how to monitor certificate on windows server, what I'm looking for is a template/script that let me to receive an alert (also via mail) whenever a certificate is next to expire.

I'm not talking about IIS web certificate.

Thanks, best regards.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: How monitor certificate on windows server

Goodmorning to everyone, I'm already searching for this, the idea is to utilize a generic powershell script and modify it in SAM but I'm not so confindent in programming.

Any help will be very appreciated.

Thank you, regards.

0 Kudos

Re: How monitor certificate on windows server

I'm not sure if you want to monitor local certificates on the server or an https web certificate.  The web certificate is pretty easy since there is a built in component monitor for those

How to Monitor an SSL Certificate and Create an Alert in SolarWinds SAM When There Are X Days Before...

If you are trying to search through the server certs then this is probably a decent starting point for how to look through them in powershell

How to find expired certificates - Powershellbros.com

and this is a good set of blog posts explaining how to set up script based monitors in orion, so you can figure out how to adapt that script to give an output that SAM will be able to work with

The Basics of PowerShell (part 1)

The Basics of PowerShell (part 2)

The Basics of PowerShell (part 3)

- Marc Netterfield, Github
0 Kudos