cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

How can we create ORION INDIVIDUAL ACCOUNT?

Hello,

Can anybody tell me how can i create orion individual account and do i have to purchase the product before i create one?

10 Replies
Product Manager
Product Manager

The video below might help. You can create accounts with an evaluation version, you don't have to purchase to create accounts.

Adding a New User Account - Video - SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. Help and Support

Hello thank you for your help, but i have a question can't i try evaluation copy on windows 10 home or windows 7 sp1?

These are the recommended system requirements and installation instructions: https://support.solarwinds.com/Success_Center/Network_Performance_Monitor_(NPM)/NPM_New_Users

How do i get SWID ?

0 Kudos

anyone has an update on this?

0 Kudos

elias.isseid  a SWID is your unique SolarWinds ID that is provided when you purchase any SolarWinds product, it is then used to associate your product licenses and to log support tickets. If you don't know your SWID you should contact SolarWinds Customer Services who might be able to help you.

Check this thread for more information: Frequently Asked Questions about Customer Portal accounts and logins

- David Smith

can't i just download an evaludation copy and register users if i don't purchase the product?

0 Kudos

Yes, all SolarWinds software can be downloaded and installed for 30 days. I think there has been some confusion over your term of Orion Individual Account. I suspect you're referring to the Customer Portal Login, but SolarWinds NPM also allows you to create Local Orion accounts as well as Windows Accounts or AD Groups, thus the confusion on earlier posts.

Simply download the trial software for the product you want and install it.

- David Smith
0 Kudos

ok thank you and if i want to call the api's can i make authorization token out of these trial accounts?

0 Kudos

The 30-day trials are fully functional with no restrictions, after 30 days you lose functionality.

- David Smith
0 Kudos