This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How can I add a page from another dashboard to my dashboard?

As an administrator I have created my main dashboard to display the information that I need to see first. There are other dashboards in this system that have excellent views that I would like to incorporate into mine as secondary pages. How do I do this without having to go through the process of creating a complete new page selecting each item individually? I would like to just hit Customize page > Add Tab but there does not seem to be an option to complete this. In the URL for each view there is a unique number, can this be used to ad the page?

• Hey tjkru,

Unfortunately, there's no functionality currently in SW to copy entire tabs from different views and insert those tabs into alternative views.

You will have to create the view or add to an existing view and add each individual resource you'd like on that view.

The main reason that this is not already a functionality is our views are usually very specific to certain objects.

For example:

-node details page contains node data and data related to your node

-when you click into a volume you'll see only volume data for that volume

-SAM application monitor -> same thing -> you only see data for that SAM application monitor

What ends up happening is customers want to see node data on their volume pages or SAM application monitor data on pages unrelated to application monitoring.

In the back-end, the tables we need to hit to load all these different types of information into one view is not always possible because the query spans too many different tables or becomes too complicated -> website timesout.

This is why we have separate views for separate things in SW. Mainly so the website can work as expected and also so you can keep things organized.

--------------

This would be a feature request since the functionality currently does not exist.

You can submit a feature request by following instructions in this article:

https://support.solarwinds.com/SuccessCenter/s/article/Submit-a-feature-request

-Jonathon Privett (Senior/Premier Enterprise Tech, SAM/NPM certified)

• Hi  as per my post in your other thread, you can do this via the Orion SDK.

image.png

• I embed HTML iframe code in a HTML widget to display a widget or other object from another view. I do this often with NetFlow panels. Not sure if this a solution but just an idea for you to check out. Correct sizing is done with the width and height options.

Code I use:

<iframe src="https://solar.comapny.com/orion/" width="535" height="670"> align="left" - </iframe>

• I add a dashboard to the Group viewer - IF there is a view with the same name as the group - among other things - by a HTML Resrouce with this code in it:

<a id="detailed_view" target="_blank">Open Dashboard View in New Window</a> 
    <br />
    <div style="width:2500px;height:1500px">
    <iframe id="detailed_iframe" src=" width="100%" height="100%"style="margin:0; padding:0; border:none; width:100%; height:100%;"></iframe>
    </div>

<script id="custom-script-NodeLink">
    var $params= JSON.stringify({query:"SELECT top 1 '/Orion/SummaryView.aspx?ViewID=' + tostring( ViewID ) as lnk FROM Orion.Views where viewtitle = '" + 
    $(document).attr('title') + "'"});

(function worker() { 
    //Create the AJAX POST request 
    $.ajax({ 
    type: 'POST', 
    url: '/Orion/Services/Information.asmx/Query', 
    data: $params, 
    contentType: "application/json; charset=utf-8", 
    dataType: "json", 
    success: function (response) { 
    //On a successfull request, parse the data. 
    //alert(JSON.stringify(response.d), null, 4);
    if ( response.d.Rows.length == 0 ) {
    document.getElementById('custom-script-NodeLink').parentNode.parentNode.parentNode.parentNode.style.visibility="hidden"
    }else{ 
    document.getElementById( 'detailed_view' ).href = response.d.Rows[0];
    $("#detailed_iframe").attr("src", response.d.Rows[0] + "&isNOCView=true");
    //hide map since redundant
    //($( "div[sw-widget-defaulttitle='Map'] " ))[0].parentNode.remove()
    document.getElementById('custom-script-NodeLink').parentNode.parentNode.parentNode.parentNode.previousSibling.previousSibling.remove()
    }

}, 
    complete: function() { 
    // Schedule the next request when the current one's complete. Not positive this works yet. 
    setTimeout(worker, 60000); 
    }, 
    error: function(err) { 
    document.getElementById('custom-script-NodeLink').parentNode.parentNode.parentNode.parentNode.style.visibility="hidden"

} 
    }); 
    })();

</script>

May give you some ideas.