This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How To Create A SAM Report That Will List All Alerts That Each Assigned Application Template Could Trigger?

I want to create a SAM report that will show all assigned Application Templates and a list of Alerts that each assigned Application Template could trigger.  Also, keep in mind that each monitoring component in the Application Template could trigger different Alerts.

This is probably very simple.  But I’m getting a brain block on it.

I don’t need help with everything.  The SWQL/SQL expressions and/or logic would be much appreciated.

Report Goals:

1. Are their assigned Application Templates including each of their Monitoring Components that will not trigger a corresponding alert?
  2. What alerts can be triggered by each assigned Application Template which includes each application monitoring component?
  3. I want to know if an assigned Application Template or its Monitoring Components could trigger multiple alerts that are basically the same thing.
    • This would show what alerts could be combined into a single alert.

The report format could look something like this:

Name of assigned Application Monitor 1

Alert Name 1

Component Name

Component Name

Component Name

Alert Name 2

Component Name

Alert Name 3

Component Name

Component Name

Name of assigned Application Monitor 2

Alert Name 1

Component Name

Component Name

Component Name

Name of assigned Application Monitor 3

No Alerts

I’m open to any suggestions.

• I've been running this query to find applications we are alerting on and which components:

select ao.AlertID, apm.Name as Application, ac.Name as Alert, apc.Name as Component

from AlertConfigurations ac

join AlertObjects ao on ao.AlertID = ac.AlertID

join APM_Application apm on apm.Uri = ao.EntityUri

join APM_Component apc on apc.ApplicationID = apm.ID

where ac.ObjectType like '%Application%' and ac.Enabled like '1'

Order by ac.Name, apm.Name