cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 11

High cpu on agent caused by Solarwinds.ServiceHost.Process driving me nuts.

I've logged a ticket but sometimes these can take a while before getting picked up.

I'm sure I read somewhere about a permission issue with Cortex which caused this, but now can't find the article.  It's happening on two very important front-end application servers and soon I'll just have to abandon monitoring them with Solarwinds as the agent is causing massive performance issues.

Does anyone remember this issue?  Got the link to the article or discussion, and anyone found out how to fix it?  I remember Solarwinds technical said something non-sensical like uninstall the agent, reboot the server, re-install the agent - like that could just be done on production systems without change control and a world of pain.  There must be a simple fix surely.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Level 11

0 Kudos

@jonathanswift 

Hi,

Were you able to solve this?

We are experiencing the same issue and Solarwins support arent the fastest in the world.

It doesnt seem to be related to the cortex as described in the other article though for us.

//M

0 Kudos

Sorry for the delay in replying, I missed the original.  I still have that problem on one server, so moved it back to WMI polling for now.

Since then I have upgraded to the latest release, 2020.2, but haven't applied the Hotfix yet (it doesn't say anything about fixing high-cpu issues), re-tested, and still have the same problem.

I had set permissions so that SYSTEM had full control, in fact I think I put everyone (naughty) as well, with full control.  I uninstalled, re-installed the agent, clearing out the whole directory under ProgramData, but to no avail.  So I suspect it may be something relating specifically to that machine - it's used by multiple admins (RDS enabled) with lots of admin tools installed.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok, I can tell you that the Hotfix will not fix the issue.

I have an ongoing case with Solarwinds but it´s taking forever, sadly I cannot use wmi because of securityconcerns.

Guess I´ll just have to wait for the Devs over at solarwinds to magically send me a buddydrop or something, thanks for replying though.

//M

0 Kudos