This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Help with creating SolarWinds report.

Hi All

I have a group or a folder called Data. Inside Data I have a number of sub-groups and inside each sub-group I have a number of MSWindows physical servers. I need to create a report that will list all objects or servers residing inside these sub folders. I have created a report but the report doesn't drill inside the sub folder to give me the name of the servers! Would it be possible if someone can give a helping hand in getting this report generated please?

Thank you all in advance

• Hi Tim,

Could you provide more detail here with any screen shots of what you have done so far? Orion does not have a concept of folders so I am reading this as "Groups" You may also find custom properties useful when creating custom groups and reports.

• Hi Tony

Yes you are correct. It is a Group that contains a number of sub groups,

which in turn contains servers.

I have managed to create a customer report where by I enumerate the

contents of these sub-groups to get all the servers listed inside. I need

to get all the peak CPU memory and network bandwidth utilisation. This is

what I am working on atm

Will keep you updated.

On Wed, 16 Oct 2019 at 12:13, tony.johnson

• the quickest way I could think to do this is to just write an SWQL query that selects the information you would like from the ContainMembers table. Something like below should be a good starting point

SELECT ContainerID, MemberPrimaryID, MemberEntityType, Name, Status, MemberUri, MemberAncestorDisplayNames, MemberAncestorDetailsUrls, EntityDisplayName, EntityDisplayNamePlural, FullName, DetailsUrl
    FROM Orion.ContainerMembers
    WHERE ContainerID = "the ID of the containers you want to display"

Turn that into a report and build it based off that