This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Having trouble getting Exchange 2010 Statistics with Powershell scripts functional

Hello!

I have spent the last little while configuring SolarWinds in our environment, mostly NPM functionality.  I am not looking to get a little more in depth monitoring by configuring some of the SAM features, more specifically, the template "Exchange 2010 Statistics with Powershell".

I was provided the following guide after emailing SolarWinds support:  http://www.solarwinds.com/documentation/apm/docs/Configuring_and_Integrating_PowerShell.pdf

I have configured both servers now based on that guide and from what I understand I've got the following completed and functional:

1. Configured WinRM HTTPS listener on the target server.
    2. Configured the TrustedHosts file on target server and SAM server to allow the communication.

On page 39-40 of that guide it shows using a simple test script to test functionality and I am able to get the expected Output Result.

SAM_exchange1.jpg

Where I am running into trouble is when I try and run the actual script that is included with the Component Monitor.  Execution Mode is set to Remote Host, and Use HTTPS Protocol is set to true.  Please see the screenshot below:

Template: Exchange 2010 Statistics with Powershell

Component Monitor: Total mail size (MB)

SAM_exchange2.jpg

Here is the full error output:

Output: ==============================================

Message: ERROR: Please check target server and credentials (should be domain\user). [10.200.2.180] Connecting to remote server failed with the following error message : The client cannot connect to the destination specified in the request. Verify that the service on the destination is running and is accepting requests. Consult the logs and documentation for the WS-Management service running on the destination, most commonly IIS or WinRM. If the destination is the WinRM service, run the following command on the destination to analyze and configure the WinRM service: "winrm quickconfig". For more information, see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic..Exception

#Additional error details:

CategoryInfo: OpenError: (:) [], PSRemotingTransportException

ErrorDetails: [10.200.2.180] Connecting to remote server failed with the following error message : The client cannot connect to the destination specified in the request. Verify that the service on the destination is running and is accepting requests. Consult the logs and documentation for the WS-Management service running on the destination, most commonly IIS or WinRM. If the destination is the WinRM service, run the following command on the destination to analyze and configure the WinRM service: "winrm quickconfig". For more information, see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic.

FullyQualifiedErrorId: PSSessionStateBroken

InvocationInfo: System.Management.Automation.InvocationInfo

#End error details

The output result seems to indicate it's an issue with credentials, or the connection details on the target server.  I was under the impression that based on the result of running the test script shown in that guide (pg. 39-40), that those details were correct.  I know the credentials are correct as I am able to run stuff like Get-MailboxStatistics from the Exchange Management Shell on the SAM server.  As for the server details, it appears to be using the right server as the IP address as referenced (10.200.2.180), in the Output message above.  It is also mentioning issues with the WinRm service, but I'm also skeptical on that error.

I've created the following WinRM HTTPS listener on the Exchange server (winrm e winrm/config/listener):

Listener

Address = IP:10.200.2.180

Transport = HTTPS

Port = 5986

Hostname = 10.200.2.180

Enabled = true

URLPrefix = wsman

CertificateThumbprint = f7f53b2729a605c0eb9a8b24bea9f8623cfb7f13

ListeningOn = 10.200.2.180

And I am able to successfully run the following commands from the SAM Server:

test-wsman https://10.200.2.180:5986

connect-wsman -Credential swadmin@corp https://10.200.2.180:5986

Would this indicate correct configuration between the two servers? 

Is there something in the script that I need to modify?

Thanks again for any assistance anyone is able to provide, and I apologize for such a long drawn out post. _

Best Regards,

Warren

• Please ensure you are using the absolute latest version of this application template, which can be download from the Content Exchange here on Thwack at the link below.

It's very possible you could be running an older version of this template. I recommend deleting the template from SAM, then downloading the latest version.