cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 12

Have on per component the credential used

Hi,

I like to have a report which will list all the component (from SAM) and the associated credentials. This is mostly to check which credential is used on which component on which server.

I'm looking in the database and also through SWQL studio but for the time being i'm not seeing the link between the credential and the component.

Can someone advise on this ?

Cheers

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Level 12

Many thanks to both of you.

I will check this in my infrastructure.

0 Kudos

This is the SWQL one i use for this, keep in mind that big environments can have a lot  of components

SELECT n.Caption AS [Node Name]

,n.detailsurl as [_linkfor_Node Name]

, '/Orion/images/StatusIcons/Small-' + n.StatusIcon AS [_IconFor_Node Name]

,n.ip_address as [IP Address]

,n.detailsurl as [_linkfor_IP Address]

,c.Name AS [WMI/SNMPv3 Credential Name]

, n.Community as [SNMPv2 Community],'Edit' AS [Edit]

, '/Orion/Nodes/NodeProperties.aspx?Nodes=' + ToString(n.NodeID) AS [_LinkFor_Edit]

,'/Orion/images/nodemgmt_art/icons/icon_edit.gif' as [_IconFor_Edit] 

FROM Orion.Nodes n  

left JOIN Orion.NodeSettings ns ON n.NodeID = ns.NodeID 

and ns.SettingName like '%Credential%' 

LEFT JOIN Orion.Credential c ON ns.SettingValue = c.ID   

where n.ObjectSubType!= 'ICMP' 

-- and (n.caption like '%${SEARCH_STRING}%' or n.community like '%${SEARCH_STRING}%' or c.name like '%${SEARCH_STRING}%') 

- Marc Netterfield, Github
0 Kudos
Level 14

I was following this as I was curious myself and then reviewing for something completely different I came across this in the KB:

Use SQL to show components and credentials applied to them - SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. Help and Sup...

It takes a little bit of modification to put into SWQL, but I think you should be able to adapt it to your needs. For SWQL I had to update the Table references and change c.ID (for Component ID) to c.ComponentID.

0 Kudos