This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

HTTPS Monitor Configuration

Hey guys,

I'm having trouble monitoring one of our websites and I'm hoping you can help.

This is a website hosted on a Linux server and I'm using the HTTPS Monitor to try and monitor if it's up or down. The error I'm getting though is Access denied, authorization failed. HTTP 401. Authentication required. The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.

The website has a login component, but I don't need to check authentication, I just need to know if the website itself is up (before login). I've also tried using the Search String to check for a word on the webpage with the logic being if the page is down, it won't find the word and will report it as being down.

For the monitoring credentials, I've tried 'inherit credential from node' which is how we have other HTTPS Monitors setup on Linux, but it's not working. So my question is, with this site being a login page, is it trying to use the credentials to authenticate on this page, or should the monitoring credentials just need access to the page itself?

Thanks for any feedback.

• We have other HTTPS Monitors that are working, but they all are assigned to sites that have logins. Most pages use SAML and one is just a normal login page. All monitors are using the node's credentials though so those creds wouldn't be used for the login, but they're obviously sufficient to tell that the actual page is up.  That's why I'm confused that the same setup is not working for this page.