This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

HP Hardware Monitoring via ILO4 Agentless

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has experience monitoring HP hardware using ILO4 in the Proliant Gen 8's instead of HP SNMP management agents?

From what i can tell , it works but I have to use the ILO NIC IP as the target...

So does anyone know how to integrate it so that you dont end up with duplicate nodes ?

Thanks for any help!

• You can poll the server itself for Hardware Health then you don't need to have duplicate nodes.

• I hate to necro a thread, but I also hate to have a bunch of duplicate posts.

I am having this issue as well with a couple of HP Proliant ML350P Gen 8's. It's an HP Insight Agentless management server. Hard to tell what Systems Insight stuff was actually installed on the server, but hardware health is NOT listed when I list resources on the server node.

I have an HP tech coming out to look at an array controller problem that has been going on who knows how long because we just learned we don't have hardware monitoring on this server. I'm going to ask them to verify the HP software installed and configured and see if there's an update that helps resolve this with SolarWinds.  I'll post later if I get any results. You know, for posterity.

• I'd be interested in hearing what you find, as I thought AMS was installed and used by default for the ProLiant servers.