Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

Graphs/Charts update frequency

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I hope you can help me (completely new to SolarWinds SAM)!

I have setup SAM and have it monitoring a number of servers using the 2003-2008 Server template (a copied modified version which removed a few items we didn't need).

We have a page with a graph showing historical data (CPU usage for example) and 2 'dials' (average CPU load and memory utilisation) which show CPU and memory usage. We would like the dials to be more dynamic and update more frequently.

I have played around with various timers but to be honest I feel like I am just changing options for the sake of it without knowing best how to achieve my goal.

Any advice would be great. I tried a few searches but nothing really seemed to fit with what I was trying to do.

I know there is a 'real-time process explorer' which you can use but we want to be able to set a page which displays on a large TV screen on a wall which can be glanced at to give feedback by our service desk.

No doubt once I am more familiar with the software and all its nuances I will now how to do it but time is a pressing matter for me so I turn to the experts to speed things along

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Product Manager
Product Manager

The radial gauges are updated based on two intervals. The first is the polling interval for the application, which is 5 minutes by default. This can be updated on a per-assigned application basis by editing the application.

Polling Freqency.png

The second variable is how frequently the page is updated with new information. This is also set for 5 minutes by default. This can be found under [Settings -> Web Console Settings]

Page Refresh.png

The lowest value for both of these settings is 1 minute.

Please note that polling at 1 minute intervals can be problematic under some circumstances. I would recommend reducing your polling intervals only for the specific applications/nodes you plan to display on your large TV.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Product Manager
Product Manager

The radial gauges are updated based on two intervals. The first is the polling interval for the application, which is 5 minutes by default. This can be updated on a per-assigned application basis by editing the application.

Polling Freqency.png

The second variable is how frequently the page is updated with new information. This is also set for 5 minutes by default. This can be found under [Settings -> Web Console Settings]

Page Refresh.png

The lowest value for both of these settings is 1 minute.

Please note that polling at 1 minute intervals can be problematic under some circumstances. I would recommend reducing your polling intervals only for the specific applications/nodes you plan to display on your large TV.

View solution in original post

Thanks for the reply aLTeReGo.

I will have a look at these values and do as you suggest in terms of limiting which ones poll 'rapidly'.

No doubt I would have found these eventually but this really helps me progres things

0 Kudos