This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Graphs/Charts update frequency

Hi all,

I hope you can help me (completely new to SolarWinds SAM)!

I have setup SAM and have it monitoring a number of servers using the 2003-2008 Server template (a copied modified version which removed a few items we didn't need).

We have a page with a graph showing historical data (CPU usage for example) and 2 'dials' (average CPU load and memory utilisation) which show CPU and memory usage. We would like the dials to be more dynamic and update more frequently.

I have played around with various timers but to be honest I feel like I am just changing options for the sake of it without knowing best how to achieve my goal.

Any advice would be great. I tried a few searches but nothing really seemed to fit with what I was trying to do.

I know there is a 'real-time process explorer' which you can use but we want to be able to set a page which displays on a large TV screen on a wall which can be glanced at to give feedback by our service desk.

No doubt once I am more familiar with the software and all its nuances I will now how to do it but time is a pressing matter for me so I turn to the experts to speed things along emoticons_happy.png

• The radial gauges are updated based on two intervals. The first is the polling interval for the application, which is 5 minutes by default. This can be updated on a per-assigned application basis by editing the application.

Polling Freqency.png

The second variable is how frequently the page is updated with new information. This is also set for 5 minutes by default. This can be found under [Settings -> Web Console Settings]

Page Refresh.png

The lowest value for both of these settings is 1 minute.

Please note that polling at 1 minute intervals can be problematic under some circumstances. I would recommend reducing your polling intervals only for the specific applications/nodes you plan to display on your large TV.

• Thanks for the reply aLTeReGo.

I will have a look at these values and do as you suggest in terms of limiting which ones poll 'rapidly'.

No doubt I would have found these eventually but this really helps me progres things emoticons_happy.png