cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

Generate a report from a Windows command

Hi all,

I'm sure that this has been asked before, but I can't seem to find information on this request.

Is there a way in SolarWinds to create a weekly report that outputs the result of a command on a Windows server?  For example, if I wanted to have SolarWinds automatically run the command 'ipconfig' on one or several of my Windows Servers, and then output the results to a file on a network share, is this possible?  If so, how could I accomplish this?  I know this is possible in NCM on network devices, but I don't see a way to do this on Windows Servers.

I discovered that our Service Desk technicians have been doing a number of these reports manually for some time, and I'd like to find a way to automate them if possible.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Level 12

Not sure if this would -

We use this type of thing for network devices,

We create a "script" that is run at the command prompt of the device.  The output is then save to a file. 

Then we create a job to be run against the selected nodes and schedule as needed.

We do this via NCM not sure about other modules.  I would think you might be able to do this type of thing with an alert????  A trigger action to execute a script ???

I know you can save the results to a file, just ensure that your Orion platform has access to directory (Read, Write and Create).

Again not sure about SAM but we do this with NCM

Hope this gives you some ideas

0 Kudos