This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Gather CMD output from server via SAM agents

Hi all,

I have received the requirement from our security team that they want to pull the ARP tables from the LANs where our servers are installed on networks controlled & not controlled by ourselves. For the controlled networks, where we have an edge router, we can use the NCM ARP Table reports, but this is not available data coming back from the SAM agents. As the servers are running WS2008R2 & WS2012R2, we are unable to leverage SNMP or any other approaches to pull the data, especially as many of the sites where these servers reside will not have the specific ports configured on their egress firewalls.

I understand that we could potentially use Custom SAM Templates with Windows Scripting/Powershell, but from looking into it more it appears more to pull arbitrary numerical/status data rather than tabular data provided by `arp -a`.

Is there something I'm missing with regards to templates or is there another way that can execute the command via the agent and return the data (raw or parsed) back to Solarwinds to review?

Many Thanks