cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

Functional db monitoring at the data level

Is there a way to monitor database activity at the data level? For example, when the rowcount of table is exceeded?

If APM cannot do such evaluation (i probably wouldnt want it selecting directly from a table anyways), can APM monitor the resultset of a stored procedure that did the actual rule execution? For example, procedure usp_CheckQueueRowCount which would return a 0 if the row count does not exceed the threshold or a 1 if it does. Orion would alert based on the value of this return code.

If we cant do that, is there a way to create a fake snmp trap / wmi event (for example, QueueRowCount) that Orion can see and monitor with a set threshold?  Perhaps via C# I can post some type of event directly to the monitoring service when queried by Orion?

What is the best way to achieve this type of monitoring? I know there are db-specific tools out there but id like to keep all application monitoring in one place. 

Thank you in advance for any assistance!

- N

Tags (5)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Level 19

APM 1.0 can't do this, but APM 2.0 will be able to do what you're looking for.  APM 2.0 should ship in the second half of this year.

0 Kudos