cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 13

Filter alert based on setting in application monitor template?

Jump to solution

I'm wondering if there is a way to filter an alert based on a value set in the application monitor template. The original idea we had was to set a custom property in the application monitor template; however custom properties are not available at the template level, only at the application level. I also thought of filtering based on the tags, but that doesn't seem to be an option within the alert manager.

Our use case is to define the application owner within an application template, so that tickets and/or emails generated from the alert can be sent to the right people (status=critical and owner=DBA_Group, for example)

Does anyone have any suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Product Manager
Product Manager

"Application Name" or "Description" fields can be used in the alert criteria and are configurable within the template itself. Those are the only configurable application fields which are definable at the template level that can be alerted upon.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Product Manager
Product Manager

"Application Name" or "Description" fields can be used in the alert criteria and are configurable within the template itself. Those are the only configurable application fields which are definable at the template level that can be alerted upon.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

That's what I was afraid of. I have relying on a free-form text field for constrained data, but it's definitely better than nothing.