This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

File Count Monitor - SNMP

Hi,

So we have run into an issue where we want to use the File Count monitor but we need to monitor these particular nodes by SNMP as WMI polling will not get all the hardware components since they are Dell servers and support said Dell won't provide something needed for this.

They said there was a work around using a Windows Script Monitor. I am not familiar with this so was wondering if anyone has anything like this that might work?

Thanks.

• You don't need to manage the node via WMI to use a SAM Component Monitor that utilizes the WMI protocol such as the File Count Monitor. Keep the node managed as SNMP, and when assigning the File Count Monitor to the node simply provide adequate windows credentials.

• Yes, unfortunately that is not working. I can connect to WMI fine but for some reason keep getting timeout when doing this. I tried using the File Script monitor one that runs the VBS script and get error using that one as well"

Testing on node 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx' failed with 'Down' status ('Down' might be different if script exits with a different exit code).

Usage: cscript.exe FileCount.vbs [pathToFiles] [extension]

Output: ==============================================

Message: Usage: cscript.exe FileCount.vbs [pathToFiles] [extension]

[pathToFiles] Local or UNC Path

[extension] File Extension (no "." required )

Statistic: 0

Not sure if anyone has any ideas?

• I would recommend using the File Count Monitor rather than the deprecated File Count Script.