cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 10

Fedora 16 Linux Agent High CPU usage

I am installing the Linux agent on a group of servers with mixed OSes and it seems that the Fedora 16 servers in most cases are showing ~30% cpu utilization by the swiagent and another 15 - 20% utilized by the Solarwinds.agent:

pastedImage_2.png

I haven't seen this with any of the ubuntu 14 or 16 versions that I am installing it on.

I have verified the Python version is 2.7.3

The requirements list doesn't have Fedora on it but it does have RHEL 5 - 7 and CentOS 5 - 7 which are very close relatives of Fedora.

Any idea what may be causing this or what I should be checking?

Thanks

-Jim

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Level 10

Just had one that was Ubuntu 14.04 where the CPU was fine for a week but all of a sudden went to 99% of CPU on the swiagent.

Determined that one was a case of the logging directory being full. Checking some of the other ones to see if there is some capacity issue on those...

0 Kudos
Level 10

Correction, so going though the list it looks like only about 20 percent are showing the high CPU issue. Initially I posted most because I had several people asking me about the high CPU issue from different servers so it appeared to be effecting most but after reviewing the actual data it is not most but a decent double digit percent...

Thanks

0 Kudos
Level 13

How much cpu resources do these machines have? Can you compare info shown in realtime process explorer to live data from target system (e.g. top command)?

0 Kudos

Here you go:

pastedImage_0.png

It is not something hitting all of the Fedora servers. Just 6 out of 25 so far have these high CPU issues...

Thanks

-Jim

0 Kudos