cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

False positives

I have the trial of the app monitor installed and am getting false positives from many systems. These include SQL server and other application/processes that run all the time. Is there any way to fix/troubleshoot this?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Level 7

Got the same problem on Linux REL 3.0 and sun solaris...

0 Kudos
Level 9

We have some of the same things happening- many of  our apps will "restart" even though we know that they technically have not. I wondered if it had anything to do with the process ID number being changed...

One thing we did to work around the situation was to disable "log start/stop events on this application"...when you're in the app. monitor configurator, select the application, and you'll have 2 check boxes- one for start/stop and one for CPU/Memory. You can still alert even if start/stop events are not logged.

0 Kudos

Is this something I should call tech support about or is it a known issue?

0 Kudos

Please do so Support can get a better understanding of your environment and might be able to pin down what is causing this-

https://forms.netsuite.com/app/site/crm/externalcasepage.nl?compid=638609&formid=12&h=3d0552f20b2e9b...

0 Kudos
Level 17

Could you provide a screenshot or any more specifics?

0 Kudos

Sure thing. Server name blacked out to protect the innocent.. The ermergin is an actual service that runs, the other two are application processes that stay running. I have confirmed that they did not stop, start or restart at the time shown. 

Could you provide a screenshot or any more specifics?

0 Kudos

It's difficult to pinpoint. What do the logs reflect? check the events around this period and verify if there is an event or something going on,any maintenance?

0 Kudos

I have checked the server logs and there is nothing going on. Same thing happened this morning. All 3 services/processes show they "started" at 2:31am.. They have not stopped running.

Are there logs for the app monitor I can look through to see what the problem is?

0 Kudos