This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Exchange 2007 Mailbox Role Counters

Hello all,

I am trying to monitor an Exchange 2007 CCR simply by monitoring the 2 individual mailbox servers.  On the passive node current, 4 of the Perf Mon Counters are showing up as unknown.

Database:  Database Page Fault Stalls/sec

Database:  Log Record Stalls/sec

Database:  Version Buckets Allocated

Database:  Database Cache Size (MB)

All four of those counters show "No Valid data was received.  HResult:  No data to return."  At first I assumed it was because this was the passive node, but in a different CCR, the passive node indicates those counters to be perfectly fine.  So today, the CCR with the bad counters actually did have a problem and failed over to the passive node that is showing problems with the above mentioned counters and would not come online.  We ended up having to reboot the original primary node and force it to fail back to the original primary node.  Now I'm concerned that the passive node with the bad counters actually does have something wrong with it.  I'm looking for some experts out there to chime in with your thoughts on this issue.

Thanks,