This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Event order

I've got an odd situation with events. SAM says a Windows node has "stopped responding (request timed out)". My alert waits for an expected amount of time and, because the status hasn't reset, a call is generated in our service desk system.

But then - three or four minutes later - SAM not only logs a "the system rebooted" event, but the event says that the system rebooted BEFORE it says the box stopped responding.

This isn't a one-off. I've got 2 instances of this happening on Windows nodes this morning. I'm guessing SAM uses different mechanisms for measuring network responsiveness (fast) and system events like a reboot (not as fast) on Windows?

If that's the case, how do I get the events to evaluate in the correct order and not generate a false-positive?