This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Error connecting to Beta of APM

After installing the beta of the new APM I receive the following message trying to connect to it. 

APM Service Not Available

Unable to determine business layer endpoint.

Additional Information

There was no response from the APM Service Engine located at

•  Is there not a server name listed in that error?  I would expect it to be "There was no response from the APM Service Engine located at <ServerName>:<Port>"

Can you try restarting the "SolarWinds Orion Module Engine" service?

• No server name listed in the error.  I have restarted the server and still receive the same error.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to rbellak

Have you tried to run the install again?  Likewise, have you re-run the Configuration Wizard? 

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

If the problem persists, we would need diagnostics.  To get diagnostics, go to:

C:\Program Files\SolarWinds\Orion\SolarWinds.Diagnostics.exe

Run this executable and send a private message to me with the diagnostics attached.  That'll help us troubleshoot the problem.

•  I am also getting a strange error on APM now, it happens when I click on the Application name on the summary page. Clicking on the process name does not give me an error and takes me right to the page.

APM Web Site Error

Conversion failed when converting the varchar value '983f5860-02c6-4b8d-a5f8-29c30635d254' to data type int.

Additional Information
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.HasMoreRows()
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ReadInternal(Boolean setTimeout)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.Read()
    at System.Data.Common.DataAdapter.FillLoadDataRow(SchemaMapping mapping)
    at System.Data.Common.DataAdapter.FillFromReader(DataSet dataset, DataTable datatable, String srcTable, DataReaderContainer dataReader, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, DataColumn parentChapterColumn, Object parentChapterValue)
    at System.Data.Common.DataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, String srcTable, IDataReader dataReader, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords)
    at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
    at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
    at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet)
    at SolarWinds.Orion.Common.SqlHelper.ExecuteDataSet(SqlCommand command)
    at SolarWinds.APM.BusinessLayer.AlertsDAL.GetActiveAlertsByAppId(Int32 appId)
    at SolarWinds.APM.BusinessLayer.APMBusinessLayerService.GetActiveAlertsForApplication(Int32 appId)
  • FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to ggrapple

I am also getting a strange error on APM now, it happens when I click on the Application name on the summary page. Clicking on the process name does not give me an error and takes me right to the page.

Are you trying to upgrade a Beta?  This is not supported.  You need a new database or you need to drop all the APM tables from Beta.  

Do you have Orion SP3 installed?  You need SP3. 

• Do you have any custom poller alerts triggered right now? 

•  Upgrading to sp3 fixed it. It was strange because it worked on sp2 for 2 days then it did that.