This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Domain Controller User Log In Count

Anyone utilize WMI or a VBScript to poll Windows Domain Controllers for a count of how many  users are currently logged in ?   I once was able to get this info via SNMP and a MIB from Concord/Empire called SystemEdge but since upgrading to Orion and NPM we bagged the SystemEdge Agents.  tried the Host Resources MIB with no luck and was sure I would find something via WMI but so far no luck.  Hoping someone out there may have done this already.

Ralph

• Hi,

Have you tried to monitor the Win32_PerfFormattedData_NTDS_NTDS WMI Class ?

http://www.scriptinternals.com/new/us/support/Internal/WMI_Win32_PerfFormattedData_NTDS_NTDS.htm

The following properties might be what you are looking for:

NTLMAuthentications
     Data type: integer/usint32
    Access type: Read-only
    LDAPClientSessions
    KerberosAuthentications

• OK ..

LDAP Client Sessions maybe as close as I get to what I'm looking for.  Wrote a script that gets just that and can run it from the server itself.  When I take that  script and create an APM Script Monitor (credentials used in script have full admin rights to the server and can perform standard WMI Queries) I keep getting the following error

Windows Script Execution Error.

Script output did not contain required field "Statistic:"   Actual script output begins with ""

Tried changing wscript.echo to write to a file but get the same error. Obvioulsy not able to query the data and put it properly into the DB...  What is the correct syntax I need for this  ??

• Got it to work...Biggest issue seemed to be that in the select portion of the script I was selecting * and then just trying to show the statistic for LDAPClient Sessions.  Once I changed the Select statement for just the client session stats I was good to go.  The other issue was that the MS link suggested using WMI Win32_PerfFormattedData_NTDS on my systems at least, that did not work had to use RawData.

• Glad to see you are done with this one :). Feel free to upload your APM Template to the Content Exchange zone:

http://thwack.com/media/g/application_templates/default.aspx

Thanks,

Yann