cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

Disk Volume Percent Used in Critical State (Red) isn't reflected in at the node level indicator

Jump to solution

I have a server disk volume which the volume percent used is up at 97%. When I look at the console home page where the nodes are listed, the server indicator is green. Not until I drill down to the view [Node Details > Vital Stats] would I see there is an issue.  And the volumes listed under AppStack is also green so it doesn't show any issue. However if I mouse-over the volume in AppStack, the drive space used bar is red.

Capture3.PNG

The problem is server admins would not see the issue from the console and they would have to rely on the first alert notification to discover the situation. One would think the server is completely fine. Not until one drill down to each node would see an issue.

There are couple things I like to see:

1. Can I rollup the drive health state (warning or critical) to the node so it's health indicator would reflect the drive state?

2. Is there a way I can create a similar view to the top page so our server admin has a view of all the server drives in warning or critical.

Capture1.PNG

Thanks

j

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

You can use the "Top XX Volumes by Disk Space Used" resource that's located under "Home -> Top 10". You can edit the resource to define the maximum number of volumes to display within the resource.

Top XX Volumes by Disk Space Used.png

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Level 15

I did not understand, it is to appear only when status is critical or new viwer show in any state.?

Well,I think if you need 1-critical

You need help your DBA Name of status variables and volumes to create the query.

pastedImage_3.png

But, if you need 2 any  see image.

pastedImage_1.pngpastedImage_2.png

I wat help you.

0 Kudos
Product Manager
Product Manager

This is a known limitation within the AppStack environment view and related resources. We are tracking this feature enhancement internally under case UIM-1356.

When is this feature enhancement case UIM-1356 going to be solved?

It's still there in version 6.5, and I can't see that it is fixed in version 6.6 either.

Thanks for the information.  So in the meantime, is my question #2 possible?

0 Kudos

You can use the "Top XX Volumes by Disk Space Used" resource that's located under "Home -> Top 10". You can edit the resource to define the maximum number of volumes to display within the resource.

Top XX Volumes by Disk Space Used.png

View solution in original post

Thanks. This works for me.