This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Different Service monitoring on Multiple Servers

Hi All,

I need to configure different services on multiple servers, i.e each server is having a different set of service that needs to be monitored.

Is there any way i can monitor all of them in the same SAM template, or do i have to create separate template for each server so that we can perform Service Monitoring.

Currently i am having 60 servers with totally different services to be monitored.

Kindly help me out in it.

Regards,

Ujjwal

• Hi Ujjwal,

As with most things SolarWinds there are a few different ways to achieve this.

A) You could create one master Template with ALL the services you want to be monitored and apply it to ALL 60 Servers. Then you could edit each application monitor to remove or disable the services that device doesn't need.

B) Create a Basic Template which includes the services needed on ALL Servers, and apply that. Then create a template for each of the remaining services and apply them to the servers that need them. (This might depend on how many additional services there are.

C) Create a Basic Template as above, then create a second template with ALL the remaining services and apply it to ALL Servers, and then edit the application monitor to remove or disable the services that device doesn't need.

So the best approach here would be to put together a list of all the services you need monitoring on each server and then you will have an idea how many variations you might end up with. If most of the servers have the same services bar a few different ones then Option A or B might be Ok, if there are totally different services for each server then you might need templates for each group.

• Hi David,

Thanks for the response.

Whereas i am having 60 different services on 60 different servers.

There is no way i can group them.

I found a thread regarding the monitoring of different services for different servers using powershell script in Solarwinds.

Monitoring All Auto-Start Services In A Single SolarWinds Orion SAM Script | Prosperon Networks

Whereas being bad at scripting, i am still not able to understand how to customize the same for multiple servers and multiple services.

Any help if possible?

• Easiest way without scripting is just to use the Component Monitor Wizard feature,

YOURSERVER/Orion/APM/Admin/MonitorLibrary/AppFinder/SelectMonitorType.aspx

pastedImage_0.png

If you know what you are looking for 60 servers should take maybe an afternoon.

• Mesverrum,

Its a time consuming task to either create different templates for each of the service or in a single template add and remove services again n again.

Currently its the matter of 60 nodes all with different services.

I am about to get 100 more servers with all together different services n each one of them.

Creating templates wont be that easy.