cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post

Database is missing in the "All Databases" list in SQL AppInsight

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I have enabled SQL AppInsight for SolarWinds SQL itself, but this database does not come up in the list of all databases. Anybody knows what to check? Permissions on DB seems to be all ok

Capture.PNG

If I will scroll down, I can actually see it in the list of Top 10 expensive queries:

Capture1.PNG

but when I click on it - I get an error

Capture2.PNG

0 Kudos
1 Solution

OK, had a call with SW support and resolution was to remove assigned template from SQL server and re-assign it back with SQL SA credentials (I have used other credentials, which is domain based account with SQL admin rights assigned. Not sure why this one hasn't worked).

--

Alex

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies

OK, had a call with SW support and resolution was to remove assigned template from SQL server and re-assign it back with SQL SA credentials (I have used other credentials, which is domain based account with SQL admin rights assigned. Not sure why this one hasn't worked).

--

Alex

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Product Manager
Product Manager

Offhand this looks to be a permissions issue. Have you tried using "sa" account or one with equivalent permissions for monitoring this SQL instance to verify this isn't a permissions related issue?

0 Kudos

I also have the exact same issue of one database missing.  From time to time it will re-appear in the list but usually no more than few hours.  Am using the sa account.

0 Kudos

I can't say that we've seen this issue before. Please enable Debug Logging on the AppInsight for SQL application where you're seeing this issue. Should the problem occur again, please gather a SolarWinds Diagnostic immediately. Then open a case with support. We will need this information to properly diagnose the issue.

Enable Debug Logging.png

I have noticed this behaviour across multiple different SQL servers, where random databases would gone missing. Might be something odd in our environment. Opening case now and will update shortly...

0 Kudos