This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Custom template for SQL monitoring

Hi,

I need to create custom template for SQL monitoring other than Appinsight. I have all important aspects in my mind can someone guide me?

• A bit hard to answer with no details of what you are doing.

Most things you want to monitor can be done by SQL, so you can use SQL Experience Monitor components for that.  You may end up running a lot of seperate queries though.

Alternatively, if you go to one of the Script monitor components (eg Powershell), you can run a single query and return up to 10 values to Solarwinds.

• Hi Frak,

Thanks for your reply, as you know Solarwinds appinsight for SQL does not give you freedom to modify so I just want to monitor SQL important stats like connections, resource utilization, important logs etc by creating a custom template.

Is it better to do it with powershell script to monitor all of these aspects, can I run multiple quires in one script and pass values to SAM? can it handle all the information separately and show results respectively?

Regards,