This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Custom Chart for Ambient Temperatures

Hello all,

We have a mostly HP server environment and I have Hardware sensors enabled on our C7000 series enclosures which is giving me lots of great data including ambient, cpu and memory temperature.

I am attempting to create a Custom Graph with ambient temperature readings from the enclosures.

I can see the data in the Node view and can even generate a builtin custom graph by clicking on the hardware sensor but when I go to create my own custom chart, I can not find the sensors in the data series. Ultimately I would like to create a custom graph plotting the temperature for multiple enclosures either listing them individually or averaging the temperature readings together.

I have tried to follow the steps listed here but I do not have the same options: Multiple Node Temperature Chart

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Joseph

• I'd suggest to go to the poller definition (in Orion Universal Device Poller application) and mark up it's assignment to website. There are few selections where the poller has to be used - gaugs, tables, charts etc.

• Yes agree, the poller will need you to set that it can appear on a chart

• Pardon my ignorance on this topic but I didn't think I was using a UnDP to gather this hardware health data. As soon as I added the ILO IP, it started giving me hardware health data. I have looked around in the Universe Device Poller app but I only see "Example Pollers" listed in the "ALL DEFINED POLLERS" panel.

EDIT: So I managed to find the OID for Chassis temperature and create a new UNdP and Transform the temperature from Celsius to Fahrenheit. The data is displayed in a table with 60 rows and a lot of rows are showing no temperature so it's not exactly ideal for what I am trying to do.

I guess my question is, if Orion is already capturing and logging the Temperature sensor data, why can't I just tap into that data with adding additional pollers?

Thanks