This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Creating a view with application monitor templates

Hey everyone,

I inherited SAM from the last admin who worked at my company. I'm pretty new to SolarWinds in general since I come from the MSP world. Either way I'm a bit confused about how to get my application monitor templates to show in a custom view.

Basically, I want to set up a application monitoring page that we can hand over to the application administrators. The page should show the services on the relevant servers as well as ram and cpu info. I've got the custom application templates all set up and have added the nodes, and those work fine, but I cant get them to show in a view. When I create a custom view, I can add resources to it, but the templates I made are not one of the options. I can only add "resources" that are pre-built by SolarWinds and then edit them and hope that they include the filter field so I can add a filter for the servers I want to include.

Hopefully my question makes sense, but I'm not sure where else to turn. Any advice, links, or anything would be appreciated.

TIA!