Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 12

Create a dashboard for morning check

Jump to solution

Hi,

Our user want to create a morning check dashboard / report.

They wish to have a status of the monitored nodes (availability, cpu, ram, disk, interface, application). Of course everything have to be green.

Our main issue concern the VM, the status of a virtual node is impacted by the status of the VM, for exemple a Latency on the VM can impact the status of the node however the node is up and the application are up and running

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

How can we have a dashboard to display the status of node but without having the status of the VM impacting it. Of course this should not be a global settings rather than that a per device config.

Again the objective is to provide a quick visual dashboard to determine the status of a node and its application.

Cheers

Mathieu

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Are you running platform 2019.2 yet?  They reworked how node statuses work in the latest release (although if you are upgrading there is a button you have to hit to enable the new status logic)

I don't have any VM's breaching thresholds right now to confirm but it looks like they should be impacting the node status with VM stats now.

pastedImage_0.png

Orion Platform 2019.2 - Enhanced Node Status

- Marc Netterfield, Github

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Are you running platform 2019.2 yet?  They reworked how node statuses work in the latest release (although if you are upgrading there is a button you have to hit to enable the new status logic)

I don't have any VM's breaching thresholds right now to confirm but it looks like they should be impacting the node status with VM stats now.

pastedImage_0.png

Orion Platform 2019.2 - Enhanced Node Status

- Marc Netterfield, Github

View solution in original post

Thank you for your answer. I will test this to exclude the VM status for the node.

0 Kudos

You can also check Virtualization Thresholds.

Go to All Settings -> Virtualization Settings -> Thresholds -> search for the VM and edit thresholds.

0 Kudos

Great call. I had looked right passed this and didn't read some of the details enough prior to running the upgrade.

I guess the main challenge for the OP is that it doesn't seem to let you do it on a per node basis.

0 Kudos

For sure a per node basis could be usefull !

0 Kudos
Level 14

If you're monitoring the node directly you can edit node (where you'd change the polling method, etc) and update the polling thresholds directly:

pastedImage_0.png

If you're only polling it as a VM it looks like you can update CPU, memory and network utilization, but not response time from what I can see.

0 Kudos