cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
duke.jason
Level 7

Create Alert based on Log Parser (Powershell) Result

Hi, Im new to this forum, but have been using Solarwinds for a while. We have a requirement where our HyperV Servers is running this powershell script to see the replication status of its VM's in it; Infra team requested if we can automate this thru Solarwinds. I have some idea but dont know how to incorporate it, its something like this,

1. I use Log Parser (PowerShell) thru SAM Template, under component monitor Named "Total number of strings found" I put in this value to look > c:\temp\replica.log*, Fail; set a test node named "Hyperv1" and it got my result;

2. Next is how will i set up an alert to send out this report to Infra Team on a daily basis?

hope the gurus will help me on this. TIA.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
tomiannelli
Level 13

Re: Create Alert based on Log Parser (Powershell) Result

@duke.jason - Let me describe what I think you are doing. You have a Powershell script that parses logs on HyperV servers. The script returns a value for "Total number of strings found" which you now are recording for each HyperV server you are running. You want to send an alert for when that value is greater than 1 to the infrastructure team. Is that correct?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
duke.jason
Level 7

Re: Create Alert based on Log Parser (Powershell) Result

yes and in the alert, i want to capture the word "Fail" which was captured in the script, that returned for the value equal to 1.

0 Kudos