This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Configuring AppInsight for IIS with Orion Agent for Windows

My task is to configure AppInsight monitoring for IIS. The node is already being monitored in the environment with the SolarWinds Agent. I've found a few articles here on Thwack and the Success Center that this can be done without using WinRM. I am running into a few issues and just want to verify if the steps that are outlined here is written for both using agentless (WMI) and agent polling.

Namely, does the node still need to be configured with WMI polling if I am going to use the Agent for AppInsight monitoring? 

Also, if configuring the server for AppInsight automatically on the Edit Application Monitor page doesn't work, are the steps for manually configuring the server found here also written for using the Agent instead of WinRM?

Thanks in advance for any guidance given.

• I was able to find the solution. These instructions are for anyone who has a node already added in SolarWinds.

Polling Method was set to windows agent.

Verified preferred polling method in the advanced settings is set to agent (not agentless).

Changed credential set to "inhereit credential to node". Tested credentials. Passed.

Congfigured server for IIS. Successful configuration.

As far as I can tell, the information found here are outdated for the functionality now provided by the SolarWinds Agent (specifically, WMI polling is not necessary).