cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

Configurable Application Component Thresholds?

Jump to solution

Is it possible to have the application component thresholds be configurable to users who do not have admin access to orion?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Not natively within the product. At a minimum these developers would need to be a SAM administrator. Alternatively you can control alerting thresholds independent of the warning/critical thresholds via the Advanced Alerting Engine.

Another option I wouldn't recommend is to provide your own UI or method for changing these values directly in the database, outside the product itself.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Product Manager
Product Manager

By configurable what exactly do you mean? With SAM 5.0 we added the SAM Admin role which is seperate from the Orion admin role. The SAM Admin role allows users to assign application templates, as well as import/export/edit/delete/modify application templates. Essentially any action that's available from the SAM Admin page is available to users who have the SAM Admin role assigned.

0 Kudos

I am tyring to set up monitoring for various applications that have been developed in house, and the programmers who maintain those applications may want to change some of the thresholds for the monitoring components. Is it possible for them to be able to change those thresholds without requiring admin access to all of the SAM features?

0 Kudos

Not natively within the product. At a minimum these developers would need to be a SAM administrator. Alternatively you can control alerting thresholds independent of the warning/critical thresholds via the Advanced Alerting Engine.

Another option I wouldn't recommend is to provide your own UI or method for changing these values directly in the database, outside the product itself.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos