This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Component Message Field

Does anyone know if this field accumulates historical data? I'm running a report that pulls the values in the is field for a particular component monitor, but it's returning multiple items which leads me to believe it stores historical/multiple values from the Message field. If this is the case is there a way to get it to return just the most recent Message data?

• Hello,

It seems you are talking about error message telling you description of error that occurred at particular poll. This value is stored historically.

I believe there is a way how to reach latest status but I'm not sure what kind of report are you writing. I was not able to find this field unless I was constructing custom SQL report. Could you please explain how you have got this filed in the report a little bit more?

Thanks,

• Hi Vaclav,

Yes, this is pulling the Message, or Error field. I'm using an Advanced SQL report to run it. It works fine except the Error/Message field pulls all historical data instead of the most recent. I'd just like the newest entry in this column. Here's the SQL:

select Distinct
    Nodes.CustomerID,
    Nodes.SiteType,
    Nodes.Caption as NodeName,
    APM_PortEvidence_detail.ErrorMessage as Error from
    APM_PortEvidence_detail join APM_ComponentStatus_Detail on
    APM_ComponentStatus_detail.ID = APM_PortEvidence_detail.ComponentStatusID
    join APM_Component on APM_ComponentStatus_detail.ComponentID = APM_Component.ID
    join APM_Application on APM_Application.ID = APM_Component.ApplicationID
    join Nodes on Nodes.NodeID = APM_Application.NodeID
    WHERE  APM_Component.Name = 'Longest Query By CPU'

• How about this:

SELECT DISTINCT
        Nodes.CustomerID,
        Nodes.SiteType,
        Nodes.Caption as NodeName,
        APM_PortEvidence_detail.ErrorMessage as Error
    FROM
        APM_Component c
        JOIN APM_Application ON APM_Application.ID = c.ApplicationID
        JOIN Nodes ON Nodes.NodeID = APM_Application.NodeID
        JOIN APM_CurrentComponentStatus ccs ON c.ID = ccs.ComponentID
        JOIN APM_PortEvidence_detail ON ccs.ComponentStatusID = APM_PortEvidence_detail.ComponentStatusID
    WHERE  c.Name = 'Longest Query By CPU'

(APM_CurrentComponentStatus table has column 'ComponentStatusID', which links to the latest poll result)

• This seems to do the trick. I'm only seeing a single result in the Error field now but the field now shows the stored procedure used to find the longest query instead of the longest query. ....When I execute the query in Report Writer it doesn't do this.