This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Can we schedule a reboot of the server from Solarwinds

Hi All,

Can we  schedule a server reboot from Solar winds ? if yes Pleae brief the technic to follow

• Which products do you own? If you have SAM / NPM, it can be done as an alert action - I have seen the details of it posted in thwack before. If you want to schedule a reboot at a particular time, my recommendation would be to use SolarWinds Patch Manager.

• Or create a powershell script which will check time and if conditions will be met, it will trigger the restart (just make sure that polling interval and conditions are well defined, so it will not restart server multiple times in a row).

• I agree with both of the above statements, but if you just need to restart a server at a particular time why not use the built in task scheduler? Keep it as simple as you can and it will be less of a headache. I'd use shutdown.exe (use the /? if you haven't used it, and in the windows taskscheduler of that server make sure you use an account with elevated rights (or change it to run as system)