This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Can't enable Hardware Health Sensors

FormerMember
FormerMember

Good afternoon, I was hoping someone may be able to help me.

I need to be able to monitor the CPU temperature and Fan Status on one of our servers.

I began to read this article which explains how to enable Hardware Health Sensors: Enable hardware health monitoring

However, when I came to add the server as a Node I couldn't see a tickbox for Hardware Health Sensors.

Am I missing something? Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you!

Node1 Hardware Sensors.PNG

• It looks like you have an HP server.

I believe you may need to install the HP Insight agent on the server.

And of course this is not a Virtual Machine

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to rhether

Thanks for your quick response, yes indeed it's a HP ProLiant physical server.

I have just gone to download the HP Insight Agent but I've received an error saying I need to add the SMMP role to the server.

I've added the role and I've just rebooted it, once it's up I'll try to install the HP Insight software again - hopefully this will fix the problem.

Once again thanks for your reply, much obliged.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Unfortunately I've been having all sorts of problems installing the HP Management Agent. It gets halfway into the installation and then just stops responding. CPU usage has gone down to 0% and memory is stuck on 2.2mb, so it looks like it's crashed.

I've tried rebooting the server a couple times, but no joy! Not sure where I'm going wrong.

pastedImage_0.png