This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

CallManager Status polling error after 5.2 upgrade

I upgraded to SAM 5.2. Love the new features, however I encountered an error that I did not have on the previous version (5.0.1)

On the CallManager Status poll I get an SNMP error saying:

"SNMP monitor execution error. No such instance currently exists at this OID."

The OID in question is

Unfortunately  I do not have the previous version to compare with, but I do not think that changed.

Hopefully someone can get back to me on this... if not I'll have to call support.

Thanks!

• Have you tried editing this SNMP component monitor to use GET vs GET-NEXT?

SNMP Monitor.png

• I had the same problem with a cucm 8.5 and follow your sugestion and it worked

thanks.

• aLTeReGo wrote:

Have you tried editing this SNMP component monitor to use GET vs GET-NEXT?

SNMP Monitor.png

Something so simple, making me so upset. Thank you for the fix!!

• I actually ran into this issue after an Orion update and had to change the oid from .0 to .1.

Thanks for the info.

• Sam 6.2.4 and CUCM 10.5(2)

It looks like the template now correctly set to Get, instead of Get-Next, but I did have to change the OID to .1, vs the template setting of .0.

• Changing the method type from get to get next actually fixed this issue for me too. What's actually happening here when we instruct the template to 'get next'?

My guess is that the template was pre-populated with an incorrect OID for determining the status of the call manager and in fact the required OID was just the next branch of the OID tree for this device?

So the template has the following OID for monitoring call manager status....1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.156.1.1.2.1.5.0 and if we instruct the template to 'get next' it will in fact poll 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.156.1.1.2.1.5.1 for a value which is returned as up or down.

Is it this simple? If so does this mean that I could have just changed the OID from 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.156.1.1.2.1.5.0 to 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.156.1.1.2.1.5.1

Thanks very much aLTeReGo

• I'd like to hear the answer to that to @aLTeReGo

• An SNMP-GET says get this exact specific OID. There are some issues with that when there are variable enumerations which can be unique per-instance. E.G. 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.156.1.1.2.1.5.0 is a specific OID, but this may be a branch OID which requires you to go one level deeper. That next level could be a varaible, such as a VLAN, or an interface index ID to give only two examples. In order to create a template that works across a broad variety of different devices, the GET-NEXT method was added to SNMP, which allows products like Orion to simply jump to the next branch, whatever that next OID may be to retreive the value.

In short, GET is value for many values when you're absolutely certain that OID is the same across all envionments. GET-NEXT is useful when the exact OID you need varies depending upon the envionment.