This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

CPU load per process graph

Hello SolarWinds friends!

I have a question how to get graph of CPU load for server, but divided into single processes, not overall?

Here is something, what I want to achieve:

CPU load graph.png

Thanks for any comments!

• Any service that you monitor in a sam template already has their metrics tracked, so if there are just a few processes you want historical data on then you are already set.

If you want to try and have dynamic ongoing graphing of all processes forever you won't get it with any native SAM functions because the amount of data they would have to retain would be brutal on your DB.  Same reason why one wouldn't want to run perfmon collectors on every process on a server forever, because they would fill up your local disk eventually.

• These are the metrics collected for every service or process you monitor

pastedImage_1.png

and on the component details page it charts each of those metrics like below:

pastedImage_0.png

You can also use a custom chart resource or multiple object resource, or use the new perfstack feature to build a view and stack all the services from a single server onto the same chart.

pastedImage_2.png

• This last picture looks quite good. Is it possible to do this also via Custom chart resource? Can you please help me, how to do this? I tried, but no luck so far to get what I want...

• No that last chart style is the new perfstack feature.  So far you can't embed these into other dashboards and such except as a link to load a saved version of the chart, I get the feeling that as they rebuild more of the web console in the new format this would become the default charting tool but for now you have to load it separately.

This post outlines the gist of what you can do in perfstack and how it works

PerfStack 2.0 - New Features & Improvements

I also really like this technique from @wluther, I've taken to using a form of this for all my own charting links.

Building Simple PerfStack Templates With SWQL