This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Baseline collection

Hello have been using Appinsight for SQL for quite some time and just recently we began using the Baseline thresholds for monitoring the components within the monitor.  We have been seeing some errors in the message center about some components being unable to calculate  baseline due to insufficient statistical deviation.  Just wondering what the cause might be, it's occurring on multiple nodes that we've been running this monitor on for a long time,  and we are seeing success on other nodes. 

• Hi,

it means that polled value for such components are more or less constant. This prevent to count statistical deviation. If you open details page for these components then you should see that their values are the same in time.

• As always, slaj is correct. This error means that the value collected is likely the same with each poll, therefore it is not mathematically possible to calculate a standard deviation.

• Thank you for the replies slaj and AlTereGo, is this condition permanent?  Will the thresholds eventually be set?  Is there anything I can do?

• Once it has been determined that the polled statistical value remained the same for 7 days SAM will no longer attempt to calculate baselined thresholds automatically. You can however manually define thresholds, or use the threshold baseline calculator tool to set these values once there has been some statistical deviation in the last seven day period.

• Hello, I am using SAM 2019.4.1 | Orion platform HF4.

I am using the AppInsight for IIS.

I am getting Post Request unable to calculate baseline due to insufficient statisical deviation events only.

There are no entries in the master template nor override settings.

How do I get rid of the event messages?