Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xfaulknor
Level 8

Assign Alerts to User

Jump to solution

Hello All,

Is there currently a way to assign an alert to another user on SolarWinds? The only option I've encountered was to send via email which is nice, but our NOC Team would like to be able to assign alerts directly in SW itself.

Is it possible?

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
tomiannelli
Level 13

Re: Assign Alerts to User

Jump to solution

Could you clarify what action you want performed if not email? How do you want the NOC Team members to be alerted?

Highlighted
mesverrum
Level 20

Jump to solution

I think your NOC users are misunderstanding SAM, it is not a ticketing system so it has no mechanism for assigning anything to anyone. If they try to use it as a ticketing system they are probably going to become incredibly frustrated with the fact that it is missing all the features one would expect from a ticketing system.

xfaulknor
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thanks for the explanation. I see that SW doesnt have much of a ticketing system but when we've tied in ServiceNow, we were able to see who we can assign an incident to.

tomiannelli
Level 13

Jump to solution

xfaulknor​ That is more of what I was asking. Are you just sending emails to Service Desk? There are better ways to do that perhaps.

P.S. SolarWinds does have both Service Desk and Web Help Desk offerings. They are distinct from the monitoring features in SAM.

nato
Level 10

Jump to solution

How did you get the alert to the NOC?

0 Kudos