This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Are we able to add mount points on Linux Servers in Bulk

I'm going through the process of switching my polling method on Linux boxes from SNMP to Agent.  As part of that process, I need to add some of the mount points (volumes) back to the list of resources monitored on these nodes.  Right now, I have a list of 133 servers that are on the non-prod side of the house that I pushed the agent to and would like to add some mount to as the new standard for our Linux boxes.  I've tried doing the Network Discovery but when I do that, it looks like it's going to switch the polling method back to SNMP and I'm not able to select which mount points I want to actually monitor and those I want to ignore and not monitor.

So my question is this, is there a way to quickly add the mount points, such as "/apps", to the list of resources for all 100+ nodes or do I have to go one by one and click on "List Resources" and select the mount points on each server?

• We moved from Linux Agent to SNMP because of this very issue.  We did not want to go one by one and click each mount.  Your only option is to create a discovery and check the box for "Check all existing Nodes polling with agents for node changes and updates"  and click through ignoring the SNMP page.  The only problem is this will try to detect changes on ALL agents deployed.

All nodes which are polled using agents will be checked for updates, regardless of any settings you have defined on the Network step of this wizard