This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Are there upgrade steps from AM to APM ALX 1.0?

Are there upgrade steps from AM to the APM ALX?  Here are some steps in my plan:

1. Add every process monitored in AM to APM. (Where I am currently).

2. Update my alerts.

3. Update my reports.

4. Verify a continuous history of statistcs on each process.

5. Update website views.

6. Uninstall the legacy AM.

• I ran the executable, but this is what I get:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SolarWinds AM to APM converter

You have 18742 instance(s) of AM application(s) configured
    Should I delete all AM applications, statistics and alerts after conversion comp
    letes? (y/N)n

Started AM applications conversion
    No application with an id of 14
    Parameter name: applicationId

Press any key to exit...
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I press a key, and it closes the command window.

I run it again, and I get the same, except the id is incremented:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SolarWinds AM to APM converter

You have 18742 instance(s) of AM application(s) configured
    Should I delete all AM applications, statistics and alerts after conversion comp
    letes? (y/N)n

Started AM applications conversion
    No application with an id of 15
    Parameter name: applicationId

Press any key to exit...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

•  That's odd.  To be able to determine what happened, we'll need to get some more information.  Can you open a support ticket for this?  They'll be able to get some diagnostic information that may help.

• I am having the same issue when using the tool.

Any updates?

• Hi all,

There is an issue with Database Maintenance not running for AM.
    This is causing AM to have applications defined for nodes that no longer exist.
    Database Maintenance is responsible for deleting these orphaned AM applications.
    Since it is not running the migratory is having issues. 

You should be able to open up Orion Database Manager or SQL Studio and execute the following SQL.
    This will delete all the AM applications that are associated with nodes that do not exist.

delete FROM applications

where NodeID not in (SELECT NodeID FROM Nodes)

After this, the migratory should work better.

Let me know if this helps.

Oliver White

• I am still having problems with migrating the historical data from AM to APM.  The migration tool trys to create a separate "application" for each process on each server.  Each of my servers has anywhere from 20 processes to 100 processes monitored in AM, and with APM I want to continue gathering stats on these proceses.  I want these processes to be a subset of each server as opposed to its own entity if that makes sense.  I don't see the "Monitored Applications" section under the node details like I expected.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.